IOI is committed to the conviction that people live the most rewarding lives when they are prepared for and engaged in the independent process of making decisions that affect daily living. While the people we serve may have some challenges that make independent living difficult to realize on a consistent basis, they are no less worthy of the support and encouragement it might take for them to be successful in their own neighborhood and community away from institutional living. 

Our goal is to help individuals and their families to capitalize on individual strengths, to make valuable connections, to maintain friendships, and to address personal needs through self-agency and independent determination. To provide such supports, we hire and train staff to carryout habilitative services in the person’s home and in the community. Such services include but are not limited to:

  • Implementing and tracking outcomes
  • Administering medications
  • Providing transportation
  • Assisting with ambulation and personal care needs
  • Implementing psychological supports
  • Advocating on behalf of the service recipient
  • Program coordination

Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services

IOI provides residential services as contracted with DHS through their Developmental Disabilities Services (DDS) division and as funded through a combination of federal Medicaid dollars (Home and Community Based Services Waivers) and state funds. As such, we specifically provide:

  • Daily Living Supports
  • Supported Living
  • In-Home Supports Waiver
  • Adult Companion contracts
  • Habilitation Training Specialists
  • Respite
  • Transportation

Our Intake Process

If an eligible service recipient is interested in using IOI as their provider agency, they can make general inquiry or start the application process by a simple telephone call. The service recipient, guardian, parent, or case manager may call us at any time with their questions or requests for services. Our intake committee will then review the Individual Plan as supplied by the case manager and follow up with any requests for additional information. 

Anyone interested may call the Tulsa or Oklahoma City office to speak with a member of the intake staff.